Search Engine Optimisation – The Key To A Successful Website
Are you thinking about creating a new business website or would like to get more from your existing website? If so; then you need to be thinking about getting more exposure for your business by driving more visitors and potential customers to your website who may be looking for the products and services that your business has to offer. One of the best ways to achieve this is by effective Search Engine Optimisation or SEO as it is known in the trade. Good SEO is important to the success of any website; after all it is no good having a great looking website if nobody is ever going to find it.
A good website should be developed with SEO in mind from the start; requiring forethought and planning to achieve the very best results, and SEO needs to be considered during, and incorporated into, all stages of any website development or redevelopment project. For example, the site architecture including the selection of a Content Management System or CMS, Ecommerce System or coding language such as HTML, PHP or ASP and website promotional activities should all be taken into consideration before proceeding with any web development project.
The Main Elements to Successful Search Engine Optimisation
There are a whole range of essential practices that are required to achieve prime search engine listings for the subjects that your website is offering which we have summarised in the following bullet points:
1. Keyword Research – find out what people are already typing into the search engines to find your products and services.
2. Accessibility – ensure that your website content can be easily analysed by the search engines for example HTML text and images are preferred to Flash content.
3. Structure – search engines follow and read links to find other pages on the website so a good link structure will help the search engines to index your complete website.
4. Content – make sure that any content added to the website is relevant to the subject that you are trying to promote in your targeted keywords and phrases.
5. Tracking – analysing and fine tuning your website content to improve positioning against competition websites is the key to maintaining the prime search engine positions.
6. Consistency – make sure that any website changes or updates are not going to have a negative effect on your existing search engine positioning by reducing keyword density.
Following the simple rules above will help make your business website more appealing to the search engines and enable it to be found by visitors and potential customers resulting in increased sales and profitability.
If you would like to know more about the art of search engine optimisation or would like your website to perform better on search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing then please visit our website at: www.designaweb.co.uk where we will be offering free SEO tools and search engine optimisation tips or you can email us at [email protected] for free tips and advise on getting the most from your website.